Prepare for the IELTS Exam
If English is not your native language and you want to study English abroad with a degree, you must take the International English Language Test (IELTS). The format and rules of the IELTS test are somewhat different from regular school exams, so we have prepared some best tips to implement to ensure winning in the IELTS test which helps you fully prepare for the test and get the marks you wish to achieve. If you don’t want to miss out on grades, take a few minutes to read the best tips from overseas education consultants for IELTS applicants.
Top Tricks and Tips for Taking IELTS Exam
Find your Powers and Faults
Work on your weaknesses to make sure it doesn’t negatively affect your overall score. For example, if you are slower in reading in English, focus on the reading test more than the writing, listening, and speaking tests.
Make a study Approach
Before you start studying, make a plan for the IELTS test and have a study plan based on your strengths and weaknesses.
Revise the Study measures
If possible, take an IELTS preparation course. The preparation courses offer you IELTS material, as well as tips and tricks you need to know. If you do not have access to IELTS preparation courses, you can hire a qualified teacher instead. An English teacher will also help you develop a curriculum.
Prepare until you sense self-assured
Exercise builds self-confidence. To test your speech, find a friend who speaks English. When reading English magazines, take a look at the texts to test your reading. Watch English pictures every night and cover yourself with English broadcasts and songs to enhance your listening abilities.
Prepare under the pressure of time Limit
Test yourself for 2 hours and 45 minutes, just like on exam day. This will help you to know how it feels to take the reading, writing, and listening exams on a regular basis. The more you exercise under the pressure of time, the better you can manage your time.
Some pieces of Advice to Prepare for IELTS Four Sections
Advice for the IELTS writing Exam
- Do not use English in your writing.
- Write task 2 first, as it will contribute more to your overall score.
- Make sure your line is readable, neat, and clean.
Advice for the IELTS speaking Exam
- Listen carefully before answering questions.
- Don’t answer the question if you’re not sure about what to answer. You can ask the examiner to repeat or explain the question for you.
- Be confident and calm and do everything you can.
Advice for the IELTS reading Exam
- Don’t spend too much time answering unanswered questions. Go to the next question and go back to that question if you have time in the end.
- Read all the questions and write down the keywords before reading each text.
Advice for the IELTS listening Exam
- Review the questions before listening to the recordings.
- Make sure you can write the dates in the correct format.
- If you have trouble listening to the recordings, raise your hand and ask for help.
- Practice both British and American pronunciation, as some numbers and words are pronounced differently.
For the preparation for IELTS, you can also join IELTS coaching in Agra. Coaching is one of the best modes of preparation for the IELTS exam. You will be provided study material also. So that you can easily prepare for the IELTS exam.