Google warned us that the Google My Business app will go away at some point when it is relaunched as Google Business Profiles. Now Google is emailing users of the app notifying them that “the Google My Business app is being replaced.”
The email states that you should “start using Google Maps and Search to keep your Business Profile up to date and connect with customers.” It then links to the Google Maps app on iOS or Android.
Here is a screenshot of this email that was sent to Andy Simpson on Twitter:
The email contains this GIF showing off what to do in the Google Maps app:
Why More Website Traffic?
Website traffic is both an important indicator and driver of business growth. It can help you to:
• See how well your marketing is working
• Gather insights about your audience to make decisions
• Improve your SEO and search engine credibility
• Generate more leads, increase conversions, and get more customers
Traffic to your website helps to improve your rank which in turn generates more traffic, but you want to make sure that the increase in traffic is associated with an increase in engagement as well.
If you want to rank your website on Google and want to get huge traffic on your website then you will have to do SEO,
SEO play the most important role to rank your website on Google as well as you can get huge traffic. The best way of increasing traffic at the website is by gaining a good ranking at the search engines.
Technical SEO can seem a little daunting, but really, what we are talking about is ensuring that a search engine can read your content and explore your site. Much of this will be taken care of by the content management system you use, and tools like Screaming Frog and Deep Crawl can explore your website and highlight technical problems.
The main areas to consider here are:
- Can a search engine explore your site?
- Is it clear which pages the search engine should index and return?
- Does your site adapt for mobile users?
- Fast page load times are a crucial factor in keeping your visitors happy.
- Are you using search engine-friendly tech or CMS for your website?
- How is your content structured on your website?
As we know seo has two parts.
- On page seo
- Off page seo
1. On-Site Strategy
a) On-Page Optimization
The main areas to focus on here are:
- Keyword research. Understand the language of your target audience.
- Descriptive URLs.Ensure each URL is simple and descriptive.
- Page titles. Use keywords naturally within the page title.
- Meta descriptions. Craft Meta descriptions like they were ad copy to drive clicks.
- Content optimization. Sensibly use keywords and variations in your page copy.
- Good user experience (UX).Ensure your site is a joy to use and navigate.
- Strong calls to action. Make it easy for your users to know what to do next.
- Structured data markup. Tap into the latest SERP features to improve click-through rates.
d) Optimize for Voice Search
e) Unique and fresh content:
Content is king. That’s the saying, right? It’s true in a way. Your website is really just a wrapper for your content. Content down into three categories:
- Service content. What you do and where you do it.
- Credibility content. Why a prospect should engage with your business.
- Marketing content. Content Content that helps position you as an expert and puts your business in front of prospects earlier in the buying cycle.
- Optimize all content across the entire customer journey.
- Determine whether content marketing via organic search is a good fit.
f) URL Optimization:
URL (Universal Resource Locator) Optimization is one of the main steps in the process search engine optimization of a website, as it helps website pages to get found on relevant searches in the search engines on the searches related to that optimized URL. Keep your URL’s simple – about 50 – 60 characters long.
Some of the most important tips are as follows for URL Optimization:
* Include the targeted keyword in URL
* URLs should be readable
* Use hyphens in URL
* Use 301 redirects
* Don’t use capital letters in URL
* Upload favicon to build the trust of visitors and from an SEO point of view
* Make URL mobile friendly
* Make proper use of robot.txt
g) Use schema:
Schema.org markup (or Structured data) is a special code that webmaster adds to the websites’ pages. Googlebot uses structured data to understand better what’s on your website and show your content correctly in SERP. In turn that helps to drive valuable traffic on your website. It’s an important factor for SEO. By using schema mark up, you can get your website in rich snippets in SERP.
h) Mobile-Friendly Website:
Mobile-friendly SEO is basically a practice where one can optimize the content and achieve a better ranking for the web pages in the search results pages (SERPs). The process helps in improving the organic traffic.
Benefits of a Mobile-Friendly Website
- Streamlined experience across devices.
- Positive ranking signal.
- Improve mobile conversion rate.
- Improved user experience.
- Faster download speed.
- More flexible and cost-effective than app development.
- Streamlined experience across devices
- Positive ranking signal
- Improve mobile conversion rate
- Improved user experience
- Faster download speed
- More flexible and cost-effective than app development
2. Off-Site Strategy
Backlinks are nothing but the incoming links to a web page. When a page links to any other page, it’s called a backlink. A page with a lot of backlinks tended to rank higher on all major search engines, including Google.
A “backlink” is one of the most used words in the world of search engine optimization (SEO).
Below are common terms related to backlinks that you should know?
- Link Juice:
When a webpage links to any of your articles or your website’s homepage, it passes “link juice”.
- No-Follow Link:
When a website links to another website, but the link has a no-follow tag, that link does not pass link juice.
- Do-follow Link:
By default, all the links that you add into a blog post are do-follow links and these pass link juice.
- Linking root domains:
Linking root domains means the number of backlinks coming into your website from a unique domain.
- Low-quality links:
Low-quality links are links that come from automates sites, spam sites, porn sites. These links do far more harm than good.
- Internal Links:
Links that are going from one page to another within the same domain are called internal links.
- Anchor Text:
Text that is used with hyperlinks is called “Anchor text”. It works great when you are trying to rank for particular keywords.
b) Social Media
A major Off-page SEO technique is social media engagement. Social media marketing plays a very important role in search engine optimization. It is refers to an online way to produce traffic or attention on the website. It is done through the sharing of pictures, videos, blogs and information of a product. In this case, consulting the right social media agency is very important. Social media marketing is very helpful in improving your business. Every SEO person will use Social media sites to generate more conversions and traffic.
There are many benefits of social media marketing.
- Social media marketing increased brand awareness.
- Social media platform helps you in promoting your brand and build relationship.
- Social media marketing increased brand loyalty.
- Social media is the best platform to gain authority for your brand through posting and sharing your content.
c) Email marketing
Email marketing is the act of sending a commercial message, typically to a group of people, using email. In its broadest sense, every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered email marketing.
Email Marketing in SEO plays an important role which is done with the help of Mail Chimp, the most important Email Marketing tool and helps to provide various clients for the companies.
Email Marketing Benefits
- Reduced Time & Effort
- Real-Time Messages
- Personalize Messages
- Segment User and Customer Database Information
- More Frequent Communications
- Test Marketing Messages
- Information Spreading
- Reduce Overhead Costs
- Exponentially Better Ability to Track Sales and User Engagement
- Save the Planet with Email Marketing
Advertising campaigns are the groups of advertising messages which are similar in nature. In general, companies set up advertising campaigns on platforms like Facebook and Google using Facebook Paid Advertising or Google Ad Words with a certain objective in mind (clicks to the website or purchasing the products etc.).
Why you are advertising and what are you advertising?
Why refers to the objective of advertising campaign. The objective of an advertising campaign is to
- Inform people about your product
- Convince them to buy the product
- Make your product available to the customers
e) Guerrilla Marketing
Guerrilla Marketing is an advertising strategy that focuses on low-cost unconventional marketing tactics that yield maximum results.
When a company uses unconventional methods to convey a message/promote its brand, usually at a low cost, it is called Guerrilla Marketing. It has various types one of which is ‘Experiential Marketing’. It involves bringing the consumer closer to a brand and creating an emotional connection between the two. An example from India is that of Coca-Cola.
f) Answer Questions on Quora
One of the best ways you can get high traffic is from question and answer websites. Join high PR question and answer sites and search for questions related to your business, blog or website and give clear answers to these questions. Give a link to your website which will help in bringing you more visibility. Regular activities on Yahoo Q. Ans, Quora, and other forums are a very famous act for link building.
g) Create YouTube Video Tutorials
If you want to make your videos popular, head to popular video submission sites. Give a proper title, description, tags and reference links. It is one of the more popular ways to get quality back links because all video submission websites have high PR.
h) Guest Blog
If you want to make your videos popular, head to popular video submission sites. Give a proper title, description, tags and reference links. It is one of the more popular ways to get quality back links because all video submission websites have high Proposing related videos time to time on YouTube, Vimeo, etc. is also a helpful off-page activity.
I) Create a Free Google My Business Listing
Local business listings are online portfolios that contain information about your business, such as your name, address, phone number, hours, and other data. It gives more visibility for your business and every new listing that you create enhances your chances of being found online by customers
J) Document Sharing
Create attractive documents relating to your business or blog. The documents should have unique content and should be in either pdf or ppt formats. Submit these documents in the document sharing websites.
k) Info graphics Submission
Make creative info graphics. These days, info graphics are getting popular on the internet. Submit your info graphics on info graphics submission websites and give reference links to your webpage or blog. The image sizes differ with different websites.
L) Image Submission
Share your photos on popular image submission websites. Before submitting your images please optimize them with the correct URL and title tag. Before submitting your images, check if they have a proper title, description and tags.
I) Article Submission
Submit your articles in a high PR article submission directory. You can also give links to your website. Make sure your content is unique and of high quality. Low quality content and content that has more keyword stuffing might get rejected. Choose the correct category and give a good title to your content.
M) Press Release:
The concept behind press releases is that they should be used to share newsworthy content with interested parties. Press releases can also be used to complement your existing SEO strategy which may already include a social presence, blogger outreach programs, blogging, or content marketing.
N) Business Reviews
Write reviews about others businesses or ask your friends/clients to write a review of your business in major business review sites like Rateit All, Style feeder, etc.
O) Forum submission:
Forum submission is a type of off page activity which helps to create community to discuss with peoples. It helps to discuss your points and to submit your feedback related to your niche. With the help of forum submission, you can generate high backlink to your website.
P) Comments Posting
Comments posting is good way to generate traffic on your website. Some sites also allow do follow comments that can provide your site some good quality backlinks. It will promote your site through off page medium.