What is SEO Marketing and How Does it Work?
What is SEO marketing?
- SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. To get good online traffic from the free, organic, editorial or natural search results on search engines it is important to know how SEO works and what are their benefits.
- For better quality control of a website, SEO is beneficial. In the process of SEO Google search for particular keywords which are mentioned in the search engine as one particular phrase. it includes keyword research, content optimization, technical issues (coding, site architecture, etc.), inbound links to a site, and more.
- The three major parts play a vital role in SEO as a quality of traffic, quantity of traffic and organic results. The quality of traffic means you get a specific traffic from a specific source, for specific information.
- Organic traffic is the third part from which you get the free traffic, no need to pay anything for the same.
Why is SEO important?
- Search engines serve millions of users per day looking for solutions to their problems and answers to their questions. SEO can help you get a web site, blog or online store targeted free traffic from search engines.
- SEOis important for the smooth running of a big web site. Web sites with more than one author can benefit from SEO directly and indirectly way. Their direct benefit is an increase in search engine traffic and their indirect benefit is having a common framework (checklists) to use before publishing content on the site.
- SEO is not only about search engines but good SEO practices improve the user experience and usability of a web site.
Types of SEO
In addition there are mainly 3 types of SEO and those are:
- White hat SEO
- Black hat SEO and
- Gray hat SEO
1- White hat SEO process of techniques & methods to improve the search engine guidelines. When you choose White hat SEO method then your website takes some time to rank on a specific keyword but your ranking safe for many years.
2- Black Hat Seo – Black Hat Seo is illegal as per terms of search engine guidelines. It involves Keyword Stuffing, Link Spam, Hidden Text, Hidden Link, and Cloaking. When you choose this method of SEO, then your website rank quickly but short lasting growth in ranking.
3- Grey Hat Seo – Grey Hat Seo is a kind of Seo, which is neither black nor white. Means the combination of Black and white SEO is called Grey hat Seo. For Example- when we did 90% White Hat SEO and 10% Black Hat SEO so it’s called Grey Hat Seo. It includes a little part of Black Hat SEO.
In white hat SEO the two major activities that you can perform as,
- On-page optimization
- Off-page optimization
What and Why – On-page SEO?
- Any changes made within the particular website to rank higher is On-page SEO
- On page Optimization plays very important role in SEO. It helps to make our OFF page efforts easy. Without ON Page Optimization or by placing targeted keywords on website it is very difficult to get rank for that keywords
- On page SEO includes all the measures that can be directly taken within the website to improve its position in search engine results. It includes optimization of content with the help of keywords, title, description and relevant information etc.
Key factors that determine On-page SEO:
- Meta Title–specifies clickable headline displayed on search engine to get result of what we search for
- Meta Description–describes the title briefly say in 2-3 sentences
- URL Structure-should not contain any special characters which may lead to conflict (search engine); these special characters can be edited using-Ctrl + U
- Meta Keyword– is a particular phrase that describes the contents of a Webpage and it plays a main role in page
- Internal linking-same domain as the domain link on particular website (source) is internal
- Heading:title tags (from H1-H6) are used to emphasize the important content of the website to the search engines.
- Keyword Density: is the percentage between the number of words or keyword phrases compared to the total number of words displayed in the website.
- 301 Redirect-when a particular website no longer exists in old name and will be changed; visitors when search with old name should automatically be redirected with new one
- Content is one of the most important Google ranking factors. Plan the unique and relevant content related to your segment and add relevant keywords in your content.
- Website Structure-
- Plant the website structure wisely because if the non-relevant pages are linked and relevant pages are not linked then it is very harmful for your website’s ranking in search engine.
- 404 Error-usually occur when the website is not customized due to misspell words and if particular webpage doesn’t exist
- Broken Links-when a website is created and a page in particular website is removed then it leads to the broken links
- Alt Image text-if the image is not clear then the description of the image should be given to make visitors to know about the image
- txt-will get to know the pages restricted by the particular website
- XML site map-will get to know the entire links available on particular website
- Canonicalization-a standard form of link should be designed to overcome issues when website opens with any relevant search
- Bread crumbs navigation–A proper way of navigation should be made which gives the track from the page user is currently viewing to the home page
- Anchor text:is the text used to display and used by everyone to link to your site.
- Traffic:is the traffic to your website.
- Traffic rank:an index that evaluates a website’s ranking based on traffic, the number of visitors to the website compared to all other websites in the world.
- URL (Uniform Resource Locator): is the exact address associated with each resource on the internet, and this address will be used to refer to this resource.
- XML Sitemap:is a file to inform the list of links on your website.
- Sitemap (website map):is a file/page listing all the information on your website with a brief description for that information.
- Domain Keyword:domain names contain keywords, an important factor that Google ranks for the website.
- Index: Google bot process to retrieve website data and save in Google memory. Only when the website is indexed will it appear when the user searches.
- Black hat:refers to SEO technical methods (or users of this technique) that are not officially used by webmasters, helping to bypass search engines to increase website rankings.
GOOGLE IS A ROBOT!
- A robot uses purely mathematically calculated factors to establish a ranked index.
- A robot does not have emotion.
- Therefore, good content alone won’t make your website rank.
- However, since it’s a robot using purely mathematical factors, the opposite can be true.
- You could optimize a website with bad/spammy content and make it reach the top of the SERP (Search Engine Results Page). This is called black hat SEO.
How Search Engines Work?
Search engines do many things to build and bring search results to users:
- Crawling:is the data collection process of all websites. Software that performs this task is called a bug (crawler), spider (spider) or Googlebot (in the case of Google)
- Indexing: Web pages after being collected are given a certain identifier and then stored in a huge database from which they can be retrieved for later use. The most important task in this process is the detection and retrieval of words or key phrases that best describe the website and thereby classify the website according to the keyword.
- Handling:When a user performs a search on the search engine’s website with a specific query, the search engine will start analyzing that phrase. It will compare query terms with websites that have been stored in the database.
- Relevance calculators:Since there is always more than one website targeting the same keyword phrase, search engines must calculate the relevance between these two factors to determine which site is most relevant to the keyword. Which the user is searching.
- Returns the result: The search engine’s last job is to return the most relevant results. Simply put, it is the search engine that displays them in the browser.
- Search engines like Google and Bing regularly update their algorithms at a frequency many times each month. When you see your ranking changed, it could be because of an algorithm change or something that is out of your control.
What and Why – Off-page SEO?
- Promoting links outside the actual website to rank higher is Off-page SEO and is mainly based on back links and brand awareness.
- Off-page optimization is the most important part in search engines optimization because it gives back links to websites and helps to increase website performance. Off Page SEO Services plays important role to get more website traffic.
Key factors that determine Off-page SEO:
- Directory Submission: submitting links on various websites which is already ranking well to create backlinks and improve ranking is directory submission
- Social Bookmarking: When you are ready with a link put into a social bookmarking network and submit it to a social bookmarking site. Keywords are optimized and used on the website, and then a description is added. Later using keywords one can search on network
- Blog Submission: one of the popular ways is by writing blog of your own website with precise and unique content to promote website by posting comments in other service-related blogs and blog search engine and directories
- Press Release Submission: make sure the news release is written in journalistic way to drive traffic. If you are looking for press release submission there are many companies including SEO Content India, available on the web offering press release
- Article Submission: most successful techniques which mainly deals with writing articles and submitting it to popular article directories to improve ranking. Blogs that are under the section of articles in website will be taken and submitted in HIGH PR do follow article submission sites
- Social Networking: the purpose of this is to use social media to improve search engine ranking of one’s business and this technique will be a great way to help enhancing SEO.